Thu, 22 Feb|
Victoria Centre, Wellingborough
An Introduction to Community Organising (2 Days)
This is an interactive, inspiring, fun and empowering course, aimed at people and organisations working in the community, volunteers, campaigners and community officers. If you are also thinking about improving your interpersonal skills or volunteering, this CERTA accredited free course is for you.
Time & Location
22 Feb 2018, 09:30 – 23 Feb 2018, 14:30
Victoria Centre, Wellingborough, 46-50 Palk Rd, Wellingborough NN8 1HR
About The Event
This is a very interactive, inspiring, fun and empowering course aimed at people and organisations working in the community, or thinking about volunteering, or getting involved in what's going on in their neighbourhood.
The training overview and learning outcomes include:
- A better understanding of the community organising process
- Understanding the importance of active listening, building relationships and networks
- Power - exploring power and power dynamics in communities
- To appreciate how to motivate people to take action
- Planning your next steps and actions in community organising, including how Citizens First Foundation and COLTD could support you, plus more.
Lunch and light refreshment will be provided.
Please Note: This is normally a 1-Day workshop, but we have divided it into two half-day sessions. We believe starting each day at 9:30 am, and finishing at 2:30 pm would enable parents to drop-off and pick up their kids up from schools.