An Introduction to Community Organising ( 1 Days)
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a very interactive, inspiring, fun and empowering course aimed at people and organisations working in the community, or thinking about volunteering, or getting involved in what's going on in their neighbourhood. If you would like to improve your listening and communication skills, then this training is for you.
The training overview and learning outcomes include:
- A better understanding of the community organising process
- Understanding the importance of active listening, building relationships and networks
- Power - exploring power and power dynamics in communities
- To appreciate how to motivate people to take action
- Planning your next steps and actions in community organising, including how Citizens First Foundation and COLTD could support you, plus more.
Lunch and light refreshment will be provided.